As an SEO Manager at Dotdash, you will be able to work on diverse projects to analyze and improve our content, technology, user experience, and site performance.
Dotdash's New York Office Location
1500 Broadway, New York, NY, USA View on Google Maps
Financial / Time Perks
Unlimited Vacation Days
120 Maternity Days
60 Paternity Days
New MacBook Supplied
New MS Laptop Supplied
Dual Computer Screens
Work on brands such as Verywellhealth.com, Verywellfit.com, Verywellfamily.com, Verywellmind.com
Friday Office Drinks
Free Office Fruit
Free Office Snacks
Artisan Office Coffee
Free Monthly Massages
Lactation / Nursing Room
Manager SEO Strategy Job Requirements
Are you a highly-analytical thinker and detail-oriented doer? Do you take pride in executing and shipping meaningful work? Are you ready to be immersed in digital product management, content strategy, big data analysis, and online marketing for the fastest-growing large publisher on the web? Join the team responsible for search engine growth of Dotdash’s portfolio of brands including top ten properties in Health, Tech, Home, Finance, Education and Travel.
The SEO & Growth team is comprised of search marketing professionals and software engineers who enable the scale required to grow multiple top properties in highly competitive verticals. The SEO Manager reports to the Sr. Director of Growth and will work on diverse projects to analyze and improve organic performance across search engines. Leverage the best tools, in-house built software, peer knowledge, and extensive resources to build world-class content brands. Each day you will be able to make an impact on our content, technology, user experience, and site performance.
You will primarily work on our Verywell vertical which includes health, nutrition, fitness, pregnancy, and mental health.
About Your Contributions:
- Study search demand to identify growth opportunities for our content and product
- Partner with the Data Sciences team to craft algorithms that measure and improve our content and search optimization
- Monitor and analyze competitors and potential acquisition targets
- Craft and execute SEO tests to grow our knowledge of effective tactics
- Work with product management to create requirements to improve each site based on SEO research
- Provide insights to the SEO engineering team to convert manual analyses into automated software approaches
- Work with our content team to maintain and improve our library of several hundred thousand articles
- 3-5 years SEO experience, preferably in-house at a large publisher or from an enterprise-level digital consulting agency
- Track record of delivering (and communicating about) business results from SEO investments
- Consistently-demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
- Superior project management
- Exceptional Excel skills (are you the go-to Excel person on your team?)
- Experience analyzing large data sets generated from multiple sources, including Web analytics, site crawls, and large third-party SEO databases
- Strong Web-development fluency—must be able to write precise technical SEO requirements
- Familiarity with SQL, Hive, or Web crawling a big plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in math, science, business or computer science
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.