If you are a technical SEO expert, this brand new role is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a business passionate about continual improvement.
Alamy's Milton Office Location
Milton, Abingdon OX14 4SA, UK View on Google Maps
Financial / Time Perks
25 Vacation Days
Work on brands such as Alamy
Senior Technical SEO Specialist Job Requirements
Location: Based remotely in one of the following countries Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania, Poland or Hungary. Occasional travel to Head Office in the UK will be required
Type of Contract: Permanent and full time, working Monday - Friday
Reporting To: Head of SEO - UK
Do you have a proven track record of creating great, robust search engine optimisation strategies that leads to organic traffic on search engines within a small – medium sized business? Can you demonstrate that you have successfully delivered in a technical SEO role within the last 2 years? Does the thought of working in a disruptive and innovative environment excite you? This role is super exciting and brand new, so if you enjoy a challenge and are looking for an opportunity that you can really make your own, using your technical expertise to come up with commercially viable solutions, this could be the role you’ve been waiting for!
Alamy is an ecommerce and technology business that sells stock images, footage and live news imagery to customers around the world. It’s a truly exciting time at Alamy, our business is growing, and we are continually working towards expanding our reach.
We want to continue creating a business we can be proud of. To make this happen, we need brilliant people who are passionate and think differently. With a CEO and management team who make fast decisions, we have to be able to keep pace and evolve. At the heart of Alamy are a group of people who care about what we do and doing it really well. We’re always ready to adapt to new situations and challenges to ensure that Alamy continues to provide excellent service and a unique product. We’re ethical, believe in having a work life balance and have a lot of passion for our product!
Put the customer first
Succeed (and fail) as a team
Strive for Better
Be Bold Be Brave
Do the right thing
Here’s some more detail about this exciting opportunity!
You will work alongside the Head of SEO to create optimization strategies that leads to organic traffic increases from Google and other search engines.
· Ideate and help implement tests and experiments to validate your hypotheses before scaling.
· Work closely with technology teams to ensure all website changes are done according to guidelines and enhance the effectiveness of our optimization efforts.
· Conduct thorough technical audits to identify issues, find the cause of the problems and propose solutions that will improve the performance of the website.
· Understand the importance of on-site UX and making recommendations on potential improvements.
· Investigate and report shifts in traffic and ranks for both us and competitors.
· You’ll help automate SEO processes and reporting as much as possible.
· Keep the business aware of all major updates and what implications they can have for us.
· Stay on top of key trends and best practices in search engine algorithms, competitive landscape and the industry.
We’re looking for someone with:
· Experience working in a technical SEO position, and undertaking technical work, within the last 2 years.
· Proven track record of driving significant organic growth.
· Strong knowledge of Image Search and image optimization.
· Strong experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
· Strong knowledge of regex, HTML, CSS and JS.
· High-level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Solid knowledge of speed optimization techniques, mobile-friendliness requirements and structured data implementation.
· Great knowledge of international SEO and experience of multilingual marketplaces.
· User first approach to SEO and website changes.
· Significant experience with standard SEO tools (such as Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Advanced Web Ranking, Ahrefs, Botify, Screaming Frog, Moz or similar).
· History of defining, running and measuring experiments.
· An analytical and inquisitive mind that can quickly spot trends and opportunities.
· A relentless learning attitude who is continually seeking to strive for better.
· Passion for working as part of a pivotal team and relishes team members’ individual success.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate their point of view with confidence.
· Able to travel on an occasional basis to Alamy’s HQ in the UK
Closing date: Sunday 26th May 2019, however, due to an anticipated great response, we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the specified closing date.